Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
KokilabenDhirubhaiAmbani Hospital & Medical Research Institute is India's newest, most advanced tertiary care facility. As the flagship social initiative of the Reliance Group, it is designed to raise India's global standing as a healthcare destination, with emphasis on excellence in clinical services, diagnostic facilities and research activities.
It represents a confluence of top-notch talent, cutting edge technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure and, most important, commitment. Best defined by the analogy of four pillars, this unique combination act as the foundation of the institution's vast range of differentiated healthcare services.
Kokilaben Hospital offers doctors and patients cutting edge diagnostic and surgical solutions as well as the latest in IT systems. In many cases, they represent the first of their kind in the region.
KokilabenDhirubhaiAmbani Hospital & Medical Research Institute is fully geared-in terms of talent, technology, structure and spirit – to reshape perceptions regarding hospitals and redefine the concept of caring.
- Encompassing 10 lakh sqft of space spread over 17 floors and two basements. Its 'intelligent framework' allows for hospital staff to optimiseutilisation of space and resources.
- Accommodates over 750 inpatient beds, allows optimal utilisation of resources and ensures privacy, dignity, comfort, convenience and the best healthcare to every patient. However, the smooth and seamless movement of people & staff is guaranteed.
- Critical care unit is the largest number of critical care beds in Mumbai, with 180 ICU beds. Special technical features in ICUs include ceiling-mounted, dual-arm pendants, which ensure that the space around the patient is not cluttered. Another unique feature is dedicated air supply that keeps the critical care area free of any kind of contamination and infection.
- Kokilaben Hospital has a total of over 140 Full Time Consulting clinics, with the capacity to handle over 6,000 outpatient consultations every day.
- Movement in the hospital is managed by 30 elevators —the largest elevator bank for any hospital in India capable of transporting 7,500 persons per hour, with different elevators for inpatients, outpatients, staff and catering.
- Two dedicated elevators ensure quick transfer of patients to Operation Rooms and ICUs.
- The hospital's laboratory is housed on a single floor spread over an area of over 40,000 sq ft. It offers over 3,000 routine and highly advanced diagnostic, genetic and molecular biology tests and will serve as a referral centre for second opinions.